Today we know that we will be able to upload textures and meshes to the coming new virtual world by Linden Labs, called for the moment SL2 or Second Life 2.0.
So in the next days you will see this addendum appearing on the full perms meshes and textures sold both inworld and on the MarketPlace by the designers of the Magic Worlds Studios (listing here) :
“All full perms meshes and textures will be given to you directly in the coming new virtual world created by the Linden Labs (that I call here SL2). You will have to be the same avatar first and last name in Second Life and in SL2, and you will have to copy paste to me (the creator) a proof of your purchase in SL1 (ingame or MarketPlace). So I recommend you keep any trail of your purchases. In any case I don’t grant you the right to upload my stuff directly by yourself, which is forbidden by the Linden Labs TOS anyway.”
In cases this addendum is not existing on some stuff, i.e. old stuff or oversight on the creator part, consider this post as a commitment.
- The item has to be full perms when sold in SL1 (Second Life)
- The stuff belongs to textures or mesh categories
- You need to show a proof of the purchase
- You have to be the same avatar first and last name in Second Life and in SL2
For the other perms stuff, we did not state anything yet but we’ll do our best when we’ll have more infos from the Linden Labs.
I remain at your entire disposal for any clarification, any time, any way. I thank you for your confidence, which some of you have now shown for many years, and I wish you all the best !
Already imitated but far from being equalled !
It’s almost impossible to scratch it and of course with age this Lady just keeps getting increasingly beautiful. At least choosing Eve will make you eternal !
The mesh avatar Eve has been updated, improving the pulpy shape and adding a slim shape, plus a bunch of cool things you will discover by yourself. Today, distinctive Ladies have the choice between cheap freebies (with complex marketing) and a high quality avatar (with high customer service). So girl-next-door or EVE ?
[Pictures by Deesselle Destiny - Photograph, shape and pose creator - Her website]
In more concise words, the V8 update brings significant improvements :
- Added to the pulpy shape, the slim body will return to you the ability to wear some of your ancient clothings of your everyday wardrobe.
- New foot. The shoes/shape bug is fixed.
- New neck system.
- New applier tool.
- Better specular lighting.
- Alphas options.
Also you will find starter packs with only one shape available.
And as important today as ever, the high customer service from Nana Saenz.
A special message from Ginger Chevalier, creator of Eve, to the creators of skins in Second Life :
my name is Ginger Chevalier and I’m the creator of EVE avatar
I contact you because I’m sure the skins you provide will fabulously fit my customers needs.
Since her launch two months ago, Eve classes among the best sellers in the fitted meshes avatars category.
We just updated her and improved the skin injector, among other details, in order to simplify the system : it only takes a minute to configure both the applier and the customizer (very high valuable scripting).
I hope to welcome you soon amongst our valuable creators and designers. If so, I will offer an Eve model to you as to assist you in your work.
Your logo will be displayed on the corporate site, Facebook page and in my in-game store.
Looking forward to reading to you very soon,
my warm regards
You can contact Ginger directly inworld.
Anyraya Braveheart, from Calia Estate (the largest estate in Inworldz) organize a hunt called Let’s Sail hunt. July 26 – August 24.
Anyraya Braveheart infos :
The object will be a little boat. Since the previous hunt was a great success, I will again use a puzzle and one numbered piece will be included in your gift. It means hunters will be OBLIGED to go to your store if they want to complete the puzzle to win a gift prize and participate in a final draw which will take place during the week after the closing date.
How it will work:
This hunt will be organized in 3 steps:
- 1/ finding ALL objects which will be represented by a boat. They will of course contain your gift but also a numbered puzzle piece.
- 2/ assembling all the pieces of the puzzle and take a picture once fully completed. Once it is done, the hunters will send the puzzle to me with the picture for checking and, in return, they will receive a gift prize.
- 3/ the winners will participate into a drawing for a final prize.
The winners :
- All people completing the puzzle will receive a mystery gift prize
FINAL winners after the drawing:
- First prize: 3000I’z for the top winner
- Second and third prize: 1000I’z
I will advertise on the grid and at the freebie store. I will also use every possible possibilities I can find. However, if you can advertise in your own groups as well, it would be of great HELP to everyone.
Now, to achieve this objective, here is what we need on an URGENT basis :
The top urgent key is the number of stores participating in the hunt as it will define the number of puzzle parts I need to create.
How does it work ?
- I will give you the object with a hunt giver script and a numbered puzzle piece
- the instructions on how to set it up
Now, in order to be ready on time, I would suggest the following agenda :
- Application deadline : July 7th (return the application form)
- Delivery of your hunt package : July 16th
- Your boat in place* for checking : July 23rdth (please just send me an IM when I can come check it)
- Run through : From July 23rd to 24th
- Your gift ready for final checking : July 25th
- Start : July 26th
* In place for me to check perms on the puzzle even if your did not put your gift in yet
I am of course at your disposal, should you need any help
Calia Estates Owner
In case you are concerned about loosing your luggages while moving to Second Life 2.0…
The Linden Labs and their CEO Ebbe Altberg announced their teams are working on a project of a new platform that will looks like Second Life. You can read the press release at the NWN blog and some statements made by Ebbe Altberg on the SLU.
Some are scared and some are excited. As representative and lawyer of The Magic Worlds Studios I applaud this decision as the fact the code will be closed is the focal point of it.
I would write first that LL is a RL company and they certainly don’t want to chop off the very branch they are sitting on. They have bills and wages to pay. On the other hand they have to face several things :
- Users ask for a better experience, a better viewer, lowest tiers, things that are already provided by challengers
- Customers ask for a safe purchase environment. With the increasing of ripped content, their inventory risks to be soon full of IP replacements, which will also be a problem for the LL incomes.
- Content creators ask for a better protection of their stuff and a better selection of the Content creators stuff.
This to say that closing the code is absolutely vital and LL already stated on all these previous points :
- “But, we’re also working on something that we think will truly fulfil the promise of virtual worlds that few people understand as well as Second Life users.” [Source] “So for now it’s just the fact that we’re investing a lot in a next generation platform, in the spirit of SL, that will be better…better quality, better performance, more devices, enable incredible experiences…” [Source] Understand that LL won’t give us more informations. It would inform challengers. Also : “We’re early in our discussions about business models but I’m thinking lower land tax and higher sales tax” [Source] meaning more land owners and less low quality made stuff. On challengers : “I’d be more concerned if LL did not invest in the future and if some other company made a better product, as that migration would certainly be more complicated than what we will offer” [Source]
- Ebbe Altberg wrote twice LL never and won’t steal any content : [Source] and [Source]. And the users and Content Creators will be at the centre of this new world : “an open world where users have incredible power to create anything they can imagine and content creators are kings” [Source]
- Things have been said like :
- the Linden Dollar will be both in SL and in the new world, facilitating exchanges [Source]
- a cross-platform chat will be enabled [Source]
The idea is : imagine Second Life as a lovely but very old house. Everybody like this home very much but, after a while, it as been littered with vermin and the electric block diagram, hydraulic or pneumatic circuit plan went so hard to understand that we cannot make any repair or improvement more.
The best is to rebuild a new home. That is what LL aims to do : a brand new code and no vermin allowed.